Wednesday, June 3, 2015

Adult Beverage Alert! Death By Margaritas

 
 I can't believe that it is already June. As usual, I'm still playing catch-up from last month. If only I could have half of my son's energy...then I might be able to get everything done! Oh well, at least Summer's in full swing around here now and the grass is bright green and sun's warmth is calling everyone outside. We've been grilling out a lot this week. And what goes better with a family cookout than a cool, refreshing adult beverage.
 
My Mom's margarita's have long been infamous for the killer amount of alcohol they contain. Seriously, they should be the poster child for not drinking and driving. Which you'll want to advise all of your guests to do after they have this deadly concoction.
 
Here's what you will need to make a small pitcher: (4 glasses)
 
1 cup of tequila
1 cup of triple sec
1 cup freshly squeezed lime juice
1 cup simple syrup (equal parts sugar + water heated to combine, then cooled)
 
Pour everything into a small pitcher and stir to blend. Serve over crushed ice. If you want to make the blended frozen version, just fill your blender with ice and add ingredients and blend until smooth. This will decrease their potency slightly, so you may or may not want to add more tequila.
 
 
So good and so simple! And so deadly! With half a cup of alcohol in each glass, you'll want to limit your intake. And once you have had one of these babies, you will never look at other margaritas the same again. They have ruined me! I am always disappointed now when I order a margarita in a restaurant. There's just no comparison.

No comments:

Post a Comment