Monday, March 16, 2015

Ode To The Froggy Potty







Image result for froggy potty


Last week my little one insisted that HE carry his backpack into daycare. Last night he finally decided that he was ready to use the big kid potty. We have been struggling with potty training for several months now. First he was excited to learn, then he decided it was more of a hassle, and a couple of months he flat out refused.

Now he has a renewed interest and has been going on his froggy training potty frequently. But using the big boy potty has always been an issue, until last night. After eyeballing it carefully, he gestured for me to put in the seat insert and help him aboard. After a few seconds of uncertain tension, he relaxed and began going. A huge prideful grin then came across his face and he clapped for himself. He continued to sit there for several minutes and bask in his accomplishment. Of course his Daddy and I couldn't stop gushing praise about what a big boy we had!

And then it was mentioned that soon we would no longer need the little froggy potty. My heart sank! The realization of my little baby boy growing up set in. He's getting so big so fast-too fast! Seems like only yesterday we brought him home from the hospital. I know that every parent goes through this as they watch their child mature into an adult. But that doesn't make it any less bittersweet when it finally happens to you! And yes, when the day comes that I have to pack up that little green froggy potty with the kooky eyeballs that he so often pointed to, I will shed a tear.

No comments:

Post a Comment